Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful time at Christmas and New Year’s Eve wherever you were in the world. I spent Christmas at home, and New Year’s Eve I celebrated in Egypt, where I will be until the 10th. If you read my last post of the year, Best Moments of 2015, you might have seen that I was expecting to see some dolphins around here, and I did right on the first day – which was on the 31st! Not a bad way to finish the year! Here is a shot:
Well, now I guess most of you are all set to start the 2016, as well as return to linking up with Monday Escapes, so let’s get going. This week you will link up over at My Travel Monkey, and here are our favourites:
Victorian Festival of Christmas at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard – by Tin Box Traveller
Searching for some Puffins on Staffa Island – by Darwin on the Rocks and Around the World
A sampling of Chaozhou Cuisine – by Slightly Astray
Stellenbosch with Kids – by Baby Globetrotters
New York by Dear Mummy Blog
Yosemite National Park by One Tiny Leap
Street art in Valparaiso, Chile by What a Wonderful World
Switzerland by Slovenian Girl Abroad
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous site, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
- Link up one post – old or new – this week the link up is over at My Travel Monkey.
- Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site or a link back to the hosts – if you are having trouble figuring out how to add the badge let us know and we will help you out.
- Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
- Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
- If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
- Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share our favourites.
We also invite you to pin and check out what was already pinned on our Pinterest board Monday Escapes:
Monday Escapes will go live every other week, alternating between myself and My Travel Monkey – and will be open for seven days. We will remind you all of the link up on Twitter, and each time, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos.
Happy New Year!