I must confess that a just a few weeks ago I didn’t imagine myself writing this post anytime soon. However, I also didn’t imagine I would receive so many amazing messages and your incredible support in regards to my previous post Farewell my Traveling Dog, in which I poured my heart into.
Last year when we discovered Enzzo wasn’t going to have much time with us anymore, many things changed in my life. One of them was the lack of motivation to share positive and good things with you, which included posting on social media and writing for the blog. Another one was that we couldn’t travel as much because we didn’t want to leave Enzzo behind. He just wasn’t healthy enough for anything out of his normal routine. And so the blog was not a priority in my life, and in my heart.
Everything changed when I found the courage to write and publish the previous post. When I hit the publish button, I realized how much I’ve missed doing it. How much I missed getting your feedback, and sharing a bit of my life with you while contributing to yours. I’ve got so many amazing and powerful messages from you, it made me feel less lonely. It also gave me the motivation I lacked, and they made me believe on this blog again.
So here I am, inspired by you, when normally I should be the one inspiring you. So THANK YOU. THANK YOU so much from the bottom of my heart. For the beautiful words you wrote to me in the past weeks, for appreciating my work, for believing on Packing my Suitcase, and above all, for respecting my pain.
Enzzo is and always will be a part of this family and this blog, and I’m sure many of you won’t forget him. He was the main reason I was giving up on my blog, but he also became the main reason for not giving up at all.
So here it’s how’s the blog’s future is going to be…
– I’m writing again, and working on some new posts I’ve been meaning to write for a while now, including our Italy itinerary from our last year’s trip with Enzzo (his last one). After this one, there will be a lot more. So yes, I’M BACK!
– We have a few trips coming up! At the beginning of June we’ll be going to Vienna once again, and at the end of that same month we’ll be returning to Greece for 10 days! And in September we will be flying to Brazil for two weeks. I will be posting on Instagram stories during the trips, and sharing some of my favorite pictures on the feed. Also, my Instagram got a new look… I hope you like it.
– For all of you fans of Pinterest, don’t forget to follow me there, I love this social media channel and I’m sure that my pins will be very helpful to you when planning your next trips.
– The blog’s design will remain the same, I hope you don’t mind 🙂
– I will keep recommending you places to stay and eat, destinations, travel products and so on, from brands I REALLY like and trust, and not because I was paid to do so.
– While I’m not traveling, I will be exploring where we live, Munich.
– Also, for those who don’t know, I am a hobby photographer when I have the time. I have a store on ETSY where you can buy some of my travel pictures and get them shipped to you, and for those of you who live in Munich or are coming to visit and would like to be photographed by me, I’ll be happy to do it. You can see some of my portrait work on my Instagram account @allanemilliane
Right! I am happy and excited to be back with blogging, I really did miss it (though it took me a while to realize it, which I did, thanks to you). Stay tuned on my social media channels for updates on our upcoming trips (I will be happy to receive some recommendations from you). And before you leave, don’t forget to answer these 4 quick questions below: