Welcome to one more Monday Escapes, it’s incredible how far we’ve come with the link up, 42 editions to be precise. 42 posts that brought us together, where we and read each other’s travel stories, and made new friends in the blogging world.
We hope that throughout Monday Escapes’ journey, you had fun and made the most out of it. Ting and I were very lucky to meet all of you and your blogs and to have been able to share a little bit of ours with you too. However, we have a big announcement to make… it’s time for us to say good bye. This will be the last Monday Escapes link up that either of us will be running. Why? We hear you cry…
Well, we want to be honest with you all. As you can imagine it takes a huge amount of time to read through everyone’s posts, set up Monday Escapes and all the social media associated with it, and we feel if we can’t give it our full attention, then we shouldn’t be doing it any more.
So, if any of you are interested in taking over the Monday Escapes linky and running it yourselves, do get in touch with us. Ting and I would be happy to pass the mantle and keep this community going.
We have so enjoyed bringing together a group of like-minded travellers and if it wasn’t for Monday Escapes, we wouldn’t have got to know so many of you. You have all been truly inspiring. So please, let’s make the last Monday Escapes a truly spectacular one! And next time, we’ll be going through a whole collection of the past year’s best posts as a tribute and round up to what has been a brilliant collection of travel stories and photographs.
Meanwhile, here are our favorites from Monday Escapes #41:
Summertime in Copenhagen – 10 must do’s – by Oregon Girl Around the World
The Gardens of Château de Vendeivre – Eco-Gites of Lenault
Italy with Kids, Viareggio, Tuscany – A Free From Life
Go to Rome: 7 travel hacks – by Mooiste Stendentrips
Santorini – by Champagneista
Scotland – by Love From Scotland
Jimmy’s Farm Harvest Festival – Dear Mummy Blog
Shirakawa-Go, Japan – by #TRAVELWITHNANOB
How to join in
- Link up one post – old or new – this week the link up is over here on Packing my Suitcase.
- Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site or a link back to the hosts – if you are having trouble figuring out how to add the badge let us know and we will help you out.
- Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
- Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
- If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
- Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share our favourites.
We also invite you to pin and check out what was already pinned on our Pinterest board Monday Escapes:
Monday Escapes will go live every other week, alternating between myself and My Travel Monkey – and will be open for seven days. We will remind you all of the link up on Twitter, and each time, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos.
Don’t forget the badge!