Christmas Photo Contest
I can’t believe it’s already December, where did the time go? Oh well, the good or great thing about this month is that it’s that time of the year again, where Christmas decorations are everywhere – or mostly everywhere. In some places there are Christmas Markets, in some it is cold while in others it is actually hot.
Nonetheless, Christmas is coming, and since you were very well behaved readers throughout this year, I want to give you gifts, or at least provide you some fun. That’s why I decided to run a little Christmas Photo Contest and I hope that all of you will take part, or at least try. But before you make up your mind whether you will join in or not, let me explain a bit more about it.
What is it?
It is a simple photo contest with the theme Christmas, in which I will pick my 10 favourites.
What do I need from you?
1. One picture of your city – or any other you have visited this year – ready for Christmas!
2. If you like the blog, do follow me in one of my social media channels:
Or sign up for my newsletter, which I send only once a week (on Saturdays). No I don’t spam. Yes, you will be the first one to know things about the blog and details of my trips no one else knows. And yes, sometimes there are some special offers.
Who can take part?
Everyone, really! Followers and non-followers, readers, bloggers, photographers or no photographers at all, from anywhere around the world.
What are the general rules?
- The photo needs to be of how your city looks like this Christmas: this may include Christmas Markets, a huge tree with lights, a Santa Claus in the middle of a shopping mall; anything you find around your city.
- It can also be of another city that you visited this year;
- It can’t be from your house (the intention is to make you get about in your town or somewhere else)
- 4 .The photo should have been taken this year (2015);
- Only one photo per person is allowed;
- It can be edited or not;
- Use your creativity;
What will you win?
- Your picture will be published here on Packing my Suitcase on a special post called “Christmas around the World”, which will be shared across my social media channels. The photo will be credited to you, and your website or a chosen social media channel can be linked.
- The top 10 will win a GPSmyCity app (full-version) and they can choose the city they prefer (see the list here). This app is pretty cool, it was made by locals and it gives you great tips and walks around a certain city. I have used mine here in Munich and loved it!
*At the moment the app is only available for iOS and in English.
- The Top 5 will win one of the coolest apps I discovered this year, which by the way have a new version and it’s looking even better: Trip Rider. For those who haven’t heard of it, I talked about it on my post 6 useful travel apps. The app basically helps you to plan and organize your trip, budget, itineraries, and much more. Oh, you will win the full version, of course.
*Available for iOS 9 or higher
When is the last day for submissions?
Sunday, December 20th 2015.
When will you know the result?
On December 24th! Why not? It will be your Christmas gift!
How should you submit your photo?
You can submit your photo to packingmysuitcase.blog (@) gmail.com.
The subject of the email should be: Christmas Photo Competition
Don’t forget to include:
- Your name and link you would like me to include (if it’s the case);
- The place where the photo was taken;
- The city, which you would like to have in your GPSmyCity app from this list.
And that’s it!
If you have any questions or doubts, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Ready? Set. GO!