Monday Escapes #18
Ting and I can’t believe we’re 18 weeks into Monday Escapes and how popular it’s become with all of you wonderful travel bloggers. To say we’ve been overwhelmed is an understatement.
We set up this linky because we felt there was something a little lacking in the travel community that welcomed everyone from family-related posts to independent travellers. And I hope you’d all agree we’ve struck the right mix.
When we came up with the idea all those months ago, little did we know how many people would be joining in – our numbers are currently averaging around the 85 mark. And while we are really grateful for the support and the growing MondayEscapes community, Ting and I simply can’t keep up with you all!
We both want to be good hosts and make sure everyone gets commented on and shared across twitter but alongside everyday life and our own blogging schedules we’re finding it increasingly difficult to manage. So we’ve made a decision that I hope won’t affect your enjoyment of Monday Escapes. We’re going to change the frequency of the blog hop and the number of posts you can each link up.
From this week, please can you only link up one post each – we will do the same as hosts. And Monday Escapes will no longer be every week – but every fortnight instead. Of course, we will always send out a little tweet to remind you all. We hope you have fun this week, and don’t forget to check out our favourites of the week:
Let’s go to: New York, New York – by Life in Wanderlust
A short and sweet stay in Riga – by Eff it I’m on Holiday
So You Want To Go To Macchu Picchu – by Tripimize
The Best Family Hotel in Chang Mai – by Five Adventurers
Istanbul – by Travel with Intent
Taieri Gorge Railway – by Boy & Girl Globetrot
Dismaland – by Dear Mummy Blog
San Blas, Panama – by Globetotting
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous site, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
- Link up one post – old or new – this week the link up is over here on Packing my Suitcase.
- Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site or a link back to the hosts – if you are having trouble figuring out how to add the badge let us know and we will help you out.
- Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
- Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
- If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
- Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share our favourites.
We also invite you to pin and check ou what was already pinned on our Pinterest board Monday Escapes:
Monday Escapes will go live every other week, alternating between myself and My Travel Monkey – and will be open for seven days. We will remind you all of the link up on Twitter, and each time, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos.
Grab the badge, and have fun!